Public Safety Dispatcher
Location: Inglewood, CA
Salary: $29.02 – $41.11 an hour
We are seeking a Public Safety Dispatcher to join our team in Inglewood, CA. The Public Safety Dispatcher will be responsible for receiving and dispatching emergency and non-emergency calls for police, fire, and medical services. The Dispatcher will also be responsible for providing information and assistance to the public, as well as maintaining records and logs.
• Receive and dispatch emergency and non-emergency calls for police, fire, and medical services.
• Provide information and assistance to the public.
• Maintain records and logs.
• Monitor and operate radio systems.
• Monitor alarm systems.
• Provide support to field personnel.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience in a public safety dispatch role is preferred.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
• Knowledge of local geography and streets.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to pass a background check.