Patient Access Coordinator – Admitting
Location: Glendale, CA
Salary: $19.00 – $29.77 per hour
We are seeking an experienced and highly organized Patient Access Coordinator – Admitting to join our team in Glendale. The Patient Access Coordinator – Admitting will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to patients and their families, as well as ensuring that all patient information is accurately entered into the hospital’s computer system.
The Patient Access Coordinator – Admitting will be responsible for:
• Greeting patients and their families upon arrival and verifying patient information.
• Collecting patient information, including insurance information, and entering it into the hospital’s computer system.
• Answering patient and family questions regarding hospital policies and procedures.
• Assisting with the scheduling of appointments and tests.
• Verifying insurance coverage and obtaining pre-authorizations for services.
• Assisting with the collection of payments and resolving billing issues.
• Maintaining patient records and ensuring that all information is up to date.
• Assisting with the discharge process.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience in a hospital or medical office setting.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance plans.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer programs.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information.