EVS Aide – Cancer Center – Full Time – Days – 8hr QVH
The EVS Aide is responsible for providing a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff in the Cancer Center at Queen of the Valley Hospital in West Covina. This position is full-time, 8 hours per day, and pays $16.12 – $23.05 an hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean and sanitize patient rooms, bathrooms, and other areas of the Cancer Center.
• Empty trash and replace liners.
• Clean and sanitize furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
• Vacuum carpets and mop floors.
• Dust and polish furniture.
• Clean windows, walls, and ceilings.
• Clean and sanitize medical equipment.
• Follow infection control procedures.
• Follow safety procedures.
• Report any maintenance issues to the supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
• Ability to read, write, and understand English.
• Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work with hazardous materials.
• Ability to work with a variety of cleaning chemicals.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.